Male Yeast Infection or Genital Warts? (pictures and photos)

Yes, men can get yeast infections too! Male yeast infection (also called candida or candidiasis or male thrush) is one of the things guys can often mistake for genital warts. This is because the bumps can look similar to warts in the early stages before they develop into a full blown red rashy area that can drive you CRAZY with itching!

Here are some of the symptoms and how they develop:

– red rashes (usually itchy) start to appear on the penis head (glans) or the foreskin
– the tip of the penis can start to appear red or swollen
– your penis or foreskin can start to feel “tight”
– pain and maybe even discharges from the penis if you let it get too bad

Male yeast infection can spread to you and develop very quickly after having sex. It’s fast: sometimes it can take less than a couple hours after sex for you to start feeling the signs. And after a day or two you can develop definite red areas and bumps.

Once any of these things start to happen, DO NOT IGNORE IT. If you let this go on for too long, the itching will only get worse and worse to the point where you can’t even sit down and watch TV without the itching and burning driving you NUTS! If you leave it for even longer than that, it can develop into a case of phimosis, which will bring a LOT of pain and make it hard to urinate. It is very important to recognize this early on and start a treatment as soon as possible.

This is NOT something that’s going to go away on it’s own!

Luckily (and this was discovered totally by accident) the genital warts treatment method #1 in my report works surprisingly well against male yeast infection too. So if any of the pictures below roughly match what you can see on yourself right now, then you might want to give my report a try, even though I originally wrote the report specifically for genital warts.

Candida yeast thrive in warm, moist conditions. That’s why your penis (usually under the foreskin) is an ideal atmosphere for the fungus to grow. It’s harder for circumcised men to get a yeast infection, but not impossible. The main reason uncircumcised men get candida more often is because of issues dealing with keeping the area under the foreskin washed and CLEAN. If you’re prone to getting these types of yeast infections after sex, you’ll definitely want to start washing your penis right away after intercourse.

Clean your penis well with a mild, fragrance-free soap. Take special care to make sure that you DRY YOURSELF THOROUGHLY after bathing. It is a good idea to give your penis some ‘air-time’ also. Going commando for awhile after a shower can help. All of these simple steps can help prevent the outbreak of candida in men.

If you are diabetic, you run added risk for a male candida infection or male yeast infection. The urine of diabetic men is often high in sugar if the diabetes is not well controlled. Sugar excreted through the urine provides yeast with food and can promote candida in men with that condition.

Any kind of injury (even small tears or cuts in the skin from sex) can spread a yeast infection to men. If your partner has a problem with dryness when having sex, use some non-petroleum lube to make sure you won’t cause any damage to your penis that could spread a yeast infection. Although it may not seem serious to you, the friction from under-lubricated sex can provide a perfect opportunity for candida infection to take hold.

Male yeast infection can also be transferred from infected women who have dormant yeast. If you have a regular sex partner, it is always best for both of you to follow a yeast infection treatment at the same time (such as method #1 in my Genital Warts Report). That way, you won’t be passing your male yeast infection to her and she won’t spread her female yeast to you.

Here are some photos of male yeast infection so you can see what I’m talking about here. if you’re unsure what you might have, compare these photos to the genital warts pictures on my picture page:

male yeast infection
This is a photo of a male yeast infection at a VERY EARLY STAGE. You can see the parts I’ve circled are the abnormal red spots that shouldn’t be there. The red bumps in the bottom circle are clustered together, which is a formation that could be confused with genital warts.

male yeast infection
This is a photo of the underside of the same penis as above. I’ve circled the areas that are abnormal, indicating a developing early stage male yeast infection.

male yeast infection on the penis head
This picture is a good example of what a male yeast infection can develop into when it’s left untreated for too long. This is very painful and there is no reason to wait around at this point. Get it treated now.

male yeast infection
This is what can happen to the shaft area when male candida gets hold and is left untreated for long enough.

male yeast infection
This picture is a more advanced stage of male yeast infection from the first two – you can clearly see how the small rashy areas have developed into a large raw area that hurts and itches

The bottom line is this: if you feel a male yeast infection coming on, start a treatment immediately. I personally recommend method #1 in the report I wrote on genital warts, because it’s cheap, easy to do, and very effective against this condition.

Also, after you treat a yeast infection with method 1 enough times, it will eventually go away and not come back at all unless you have sex again with a woman who has a yeast issue. That’s more than I can say for a lot of the over-the-counter treatments out there.

Similar Posts:

This entry was posted in Yeast Infection and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Male Yeast Infection or Genital Warts? (pictures and photos)

  1. Tracy elliott says:

    My fiance penis has swollen and he well not get it checked and I am afraid to have sex with him again and I can’t tell him that.

    • Greg says:

      Hi Tracy,

      There are several different types of things that can cause the penis to swell, so it’s not necessarily warts or an STD, etc. Being unclean for several days, as well as the topic of this article (male yeast infection) can cause it to swell. It could be any number of things, so I’m not sure what to tell you. He should keep the area clean and get it checked by a dermatologist if it keeps up for a number of days.

  2. isnt there some tablets for for yeast infection?

    • Greg says:

      Yes, there are some tablets that are supposed to prevent yeast infection, but from my talks with people (mostly women) who have actually used these, they don’t work very well, if at all. Eliminating sugar from the diet helps too, but won’t completely prevent it. The best yeast infection treatments I’m aware of are all topical, applied directly to the infected area to kill/reduce the yeast.

  3. James says:

    I am currently a senior in high school who never had sex. I occasionally masturbate. I realized I have this little wart looking thing on my foreskin. It doesn’t pop out but its in the skin? It doesn’t hurt. I had it for as long I can remember. It might be because I pulled back my foreskin late, about when I was about 9th or 10th grade. I was just wondering if this is serious or not. There is nothing on the tip.

    • Greg says:

      In a lot of these cases where a guy has never had sex but is around high school to college age, the new bump(s) usually turn out to be something such as fordyce spots. So what I would do is go do some searches on Google Images for a lot of varied photos of what fordyce spots look like and compare that to what you have. Chances are very likely that’s what it is. If it’s fordyce, then it’s just naturally forming and nothing to be concerned about.

  4. lakshmanan says:

    i have male thrush for past 5 years. i ashamed to tell this infection to doctor. but now only i knows tat is fungal diseases. how can i control this infection. prescribe some medicine for this.

    • Greg says:

      I am not a doctor and therefore do not “prescribe” anything, however I have experienced a mild form of this before and discovered by accident (just by experimentation) that method 1 in my warts report does have a positive effect on eliminating male yeast infection. For some of the very bad cases, it may not be enough alone, but it can certainly help. You could give that a try and let me know your results, as I would be very interested.

      Thank you.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. You can also subscribe without commenting.